As yet another month winds down, I am feeling especially inspired for this month’s edition of Monthly Muses. Though I am known as the Christmas fanatic of my family, Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. The crisp autumn silence of late November, having a designated, universal time to express gratefulness, and the warmth of loving family and delicious food make my heart so incredibly happy.
I’m spending Thanksgiving Eve with whole family, and it is the first time we will all be reunited in almost 4 months! We recently built an addition on our house, so we will definitely be enjoying the comfort of our new home. On Thanksgiving, my sister and I are running our first 10K. I’m not sure how fast I will be able to run 6.2 miles, but I’m just happy I’ve trained enough and can finally run for that long! My next goal is to run a half-marathon. My extended family is hosting Thanksgiving on Friday at our house this year in order to ensure all 30+ people can attend the family gathering, and my boyfriend is flying down from Massachusetts to finally meet everyone (we’ve been dating for well over a year, so I figured it was time for him to meet the Italians.)
While I make sure to take time to be thankful everyday, this Thanksgiving I made a list of what I was most grateful for in 2015.
- The most supportive parents. They helped me achieve my dream of living in NYC this past summer, and made it possible for me to study abroad in Italy next semester. They are truly amazing people and I am so thankful for their constant support and love.
- Legs that can run, a heart that beats, and a body that is healthy. I have expressed on my blog before that I constantly battle with body confidence, but I’m trying to rid of those thoughts and simply be happy that I am healthy person.
- The best siblings (and the most adorable puppy.) As I get older, I realize that my three siblings and I are extremely close, and I am forever grateful for this bond.
- Chanel Mademoiselle. It is the most heavenly scent and will always be my favorite perfume.
- Fresh flowers. They brighten up my day like no other.
- Change. This year, I lived in a new city, made new friends, and have even decided to spend the next four months traveling in Europe. I used to think that I wasn’t the type of person who liked change, but I now realize that though new things make me nervous, change brings amazing experiences, lessons, and new relationships.
- Possibly the best boyfriend in the world. Evan is simply an amazing guy, and I am seriously so grateful to have him in my life.
- Sunrises + Sunsets. Extraordinary.
- Syracuse University. Going to a college far from home was difficult to adjust to at first, but I am so glad I chose to attend SU. It has given me amazing friendships, a superb education, and outstanding opportunities to study the subjects I love.
- My morning cup of coffee. Always.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.